Our agency is not an authority on tenant/landlord issues. We CANNOT provide legal advice.

Landlord-Tenant relations in Wisconsin are regulated by Chapter 704, Wisconsin Statues, and by ]Chapter ATCP 134, Wis. Adm. Code.  In addition, Chapter ATCP 125, Wis. Adm. Code, further regulates mobile home park operator-tenant relations. 

Please contact:  

Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.

Office at: 2811 Agriculture Drive, Madison WI 53708

Mailing address: PO Box 8911, Madison WI 53708-8911

Phone: 608-224-5012 or TDD-608-224-5058

Consumer Protections: Toll-Free in Wisconsin Only: 1-800-422-7128

Consumer Protections Hot Line - Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Internet: https://datcp.wi.gov

There is a quick link to: Tenant/Landlord Guide; which provides information for Tenants and Landlords.  There is a Tenant Fact Sheet; Landlord – Frequently Asked Questions.